Re: [Xen-devel] Xen-unstable: pci-passthrough of device using MSI-X interrupts not working after commit x86/MSI: track host and guest masking separately

(re-adding xen-devel)

>>> Strange, i don't see *any* of your printk's being hit ... (xl dmesg
>>> attached).
>>
>> So does the guest (in the working case) use MSI-X at all for the
>> device? I.e. it might be worth comparing the guest's /proc/interrupts
>> from both cases, as the lack of any of the debug messages clearly
>> suggests that such interrupts aren#t being set up.
>
> In the good case it uses one of them.
> (probably one per port and it has only one usb device connected at
> present)
>
> --
> Sander
>
>           CPU0       CPU1       CPU2       CPU3
>    0:         42          0          0          0   IO-APIC   2-edge
> timer
>[...]
>   83:          8          0          0          0   xen-dyn-event
> eth0-q3-rx
>   84:       2101          0          0          0  xen-pirq-msi-x    xhci_hcd

I think this explains it - you're running in PVHVM mode, which I
never tried with those patches. I'd even have to go dig to see how
they drive MSI-X in the first place in that case. Nor do I immediately
know whether there's an option to make a guest become a normal
HVM one again.

Jan