[Xen-devel] 答复: (xen 4.6 unstable) triple fault when execute fxsave during the procedure of guest iso install

Windows 8.0 iso can't install in uefi mode,
I have to use windbg to get more debug information,
So using xen in this case

发件人: Razvan Cojocaru [mailto:rcojocaru@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
发送时间: 2015年6月24日 17:26
收件人: Fanhenglong; xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
抄送: Liuqiming (John); Yanqiangjun; Huangpeng (Peter); Hanweidong (Randy)
主题: Re: [Xen-devel] (xen 4.6 unstable) triple fault when execute fxsave during

On 06/24/2015 12:14 PM, Fanhenglong wrote:
> I want to debug the procedure of windows os install with windbg,
>
> windbg executes instruction(fxsave) after the blank vm is started and
> before guest iso start to install,
>
> fxsave trigger the following code path:
> vmx_vmexit_handler(EXIT_REASON_EPT_VIOLATION)
> ->ept_handle_violation
> ->hvm_hap_nested_page_fault
> ->handle_mmio_with_translation
> ->handle_mmio
> ->hvm_emulate_one
> ->x86_emulate
>
> *X86_emulate return X86EMUL_UNHANDLEABLE*

How are you using Xen in this case? Are you by any chance using the vm_event
system in a way that sends back an "emulate" vm_event response from userspace?

You might want to look at x86_emulate() in
xen/arch/x86/x86_emulate/x86_emulate.c and see if (and how) fxsave is being
handled.

HTH,
Razvan