Re: [Xen-devel] Problems with merlot* AMD Opteron 6376 systems (Was Re: stable trees (was: [xen-4.2-testing test] 58584: regressions))

On Wed, 2015-06-24 at 14:28 +0100, Jan Beulich wrote:

> > ISTR some allocation not being 'converted'. Perhaps I'm misremembering.
>
> Quite possible that I overlooked some.

I meant something that we (you!) were aware of, that came up during
review.

I therefore went back and checked the archives, and found out that what
my memory was hinting at was the discussion that there has been about
the IOMMU side of the original series submission:

http://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2015-03/msg00690.html
http://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2015-03/msg00681.html

Anyway...

> > On my 2 nodes test box with the following configuration:
> > (XEN) SRAT: Node 1 PXM 1 0-dc000000
> > (XEN) SRAT: Node 1 PXM 1 100000000-1a4000000
> > (XEN) SRAT: Node 0 PXM 0 1a4000000-324000000
> >
> > with 'dom0_nodes=0', I see this:
> > (XEN) Memory location of each domain:
> > (XEN) Domain 0 (total: 131072):
> > (XEN)     Node 0: 114664
> > (XEN)     Node 1: 16408
> >
> > while with 'dom0_nodes=1', this:
> > (XEN) Memory location of each domain:
> > (XEN) Domain 0 (total: 131072):
> > (XEN)     Node 0: 7749
> > (XEN)     Node 1: 123323
>
> In the latter case I'm not surprised, except by the odd number: The
> SWIOTLB would (except on very small systems, which normally
> wouldn't be NUMA anyway) always live on node 0.

...Right.

> But overall it looks like there's something needing to be fixed.

I can have a look... If you also will, and would like me to check or
run/test anything on the box above, feel free to ask. :-)

Regards,
Dario