Re: [Xen-devel] [PULL 0/5] xen-220615

On 23 June 2015 at 17:19, Stefano Stabellini
<stefano.stabellini@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Jun 2015, Peter Maydell wrote:
>> I have a bit in my pull-request-creation script that automatically
>> checks that every commit has my signoff, to avoid this kind of
>> mistake:
>> https://git.linaro.org/people/peter.maydell/misc-scripts.git/blob/HEAD:/make-pullreq#l98
>
> Sorry. I noticed that this is the second time that I make this mistake.
> Part of the problem is that in other communities (Linux, Xen Project),
> maintainers are not required to add their SOB if they don't modify the
> patch.

Interesting. I thought QEMU's process on this was basically the same
as Linux's, which says things like
"The Signed-off-by: tag indicates that the signer was involved in
 the development of the patch, or that he/she was in the patch's
 delivery path."
http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/Documentation/SubmittingPatches?id=f6f94e2ab1b33f0082ac22d71f66385a60d8157f#n394

which I take to mean that submaintainers add s-o-b lines.

> Here is my third try:
>
> git://xenbits.xen.org/people/sstabellini/qemu-dm.git tags/xen-220615-3

Applied this version, thanks.

-- PMM