Re: [Xen-devel] Proposal: Feature Maturity Lifecycle

> On 15 Jun 2015, at 15:51, George Dunlap <dunlapg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> A more practical requirement for a feature with "Supported" status is
>> that _either_:
>>
>> * The feature is tested automatically.
>>
>> * At least once during each release freeze, the feature's
>>   maintainers produce a test report (by a deadline specified by
>>   the release manager).  Features with no test report get
>>   downgraded from "Supported" to some lower status.
>
> This seems a reasonable compromise.  Rather than forcing a maintainer
> to engage with osstest as a condition of considering the feature
> flagged Supported, we gently nudge them to automate it to save
> themselves the hassle of testing it every release. :-)

Alright. I will make a note of this and amend the next version.

I was wondering whether any maintainers who will be impacted by this and the
Release Manager (current and past) have a view

Also, please let me know of any additional feedback on the main proposal, such
that I can make a note of people's views and make modifications.

Best Regards
Lars