Re: [Xen-devel] [Draft F] Xen on ARM vITS Handling

On Fri, 2015-06-12 at 09:09 -0400, Julien Grall wrote:
> Hi Ian,
>
> On 12/06/2015 04:52, Ian Campbell wrote:
> > On Fri, 2015-06-12 at 14:07 +0530, Vijay Kilari wrote:
> > So pLPIs must be routed at device assignment time because in the vLPI
> > configuration table trap there is no mapping back to a single pLPI.
>
> I just remembered the exact reason that made use to differ SPI enabling.

I can't parse this sentence, differ how?

> When the device is assigned, the domain VCPUs are still down (even VCPU0).
>
> If we receive an interrupt before the VCPU0 is unpaused, the interrupt
> will be lost. Same if the interrupt is not yet configured (i.e before
> the vITS setup correctly the table) with your proposal.

Is this any different to booting with the ITT not setup?

(SPIs are a slightly different case because they don't need h/w routing)

> This could happen when the device is not quiescent. We had this issue on
> the vexpress at boot time when the network card was trying to send an
> interrupt before DOM0 is setup.

I don't fully understand the issue you are trying to describe, but do
you want to propose a change to the spec?

Ian.