Re: [Xen-devel] libxl backports for 4.4 and 4.5

Jan Beulich writes ("Re: [Xen-devel] libxl backports for 4.4 and 4.5"):
> On 12.06.15 at 11:32, <lars.kurth.xen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > you seem to be disagreeing, or more likely Ian missed Jan's reply, so I
> > wanted to double check.

Thanks for pointing this out, Lars.  I had just spotted it myself.

> The release being stuck anyway, perhaps we can put them in with
> the understanding that this time round we'll need at least another
> RC. Ian - you know how risky the changes are, please use your
> judgment.

These changes are old, well-tested, and they are important bugfixes.
I think they should go in.

> (Btw., as to 4.4.3, I don't think I want to kick off that process until
> 4.5.1 gets out of its stuck state, i.e. as all stable trees are affected
> by the underlying problem, I don't want both trees to be hold up half
> way through the stable release process.)

Right.  So I take you to mean that I should apply backports to 4.4
freely.

Jan, things that I have queued for 4.5 are therefore:

 d83bf9d2 libxl: In libxl_set_vcpuonline check for
                 maximum number of VCPUs against the cpumap

 12e817e2 Fix build of 32bit toolstacks on CentOS 5.x following XSA-125

 9369988  libxl: event handling: Break out ao_work_outstanding

 f1335f0  libxl: event handling: ao_inprogress does waits while reports
                 outstanding

Of these, all but 12e817e2 have been in master for a long time.
12e817e2 was pushed this morning.

I propose to push all of these today, unless you object.  I will
double-check with you on irc.

Ian.