Re: [Xen-devel] PCI Passthrough ARM Design : Draft1

El 10/06/15 a les 21.21, Julien Grall ha escrit:
>> If there is a reason for this restriction/trade off then it should be
>> spelled out as part of the design document, as should other such design
>> decisions (which would include explaining where this differs from how
>> things work for x86 why they must differ).
>
> On x86, for HVM the MMIO mapping is done by QEMU. I know that Roger is
> working on PCI passthrough for PVH. PVH is very similar to ARM guest and
> I expect to see a similar needs for MMIO mapping. It would be good if we
> can come up with a common interface.

I've kind of left that apart in favour of the new boot ABI that we are
currently discussing, but IIRC the plan was to use
XENMEM_add_to_physmap_range by adding a new phys_map_space and the
physical MMIO pages would be specified in the idxs field.

Roger.