Re: [Xen-devel] [Draft A] Boot ABI for HVM guests without a device-model

Sorry, forgot to reply to one of your chunks.

El 10/06/15 a les 15.15, Jan Beulich ha escrit:
>>  * cr0: bit 31 (PG) must be cleared. Bit 0 (PE) must be set. Other bits
>>    are all undefined.
>
> I see that grub1 documentation says so, but I doubt this is realistic
> (even less so for cr4 bits): Some of the bits (including ones not
> currently defined) may have a meaning even in non-paged protected
> mode, and the environment should be as completely defined as possible.
> I.e. I think most other bits should be defined to be zero upon handoff.

I think the following is more accurate:

 * cr0: bit 0 (PE) and bit 4 (ET) will be set. All the other bits are
   cleared.

 * cr4: all bits are cleared.

Roger.