Re: [Xen-devel] [Draft E] Xen on ARM vITS Handling

On Tue, 2015-06-09 at 16:42 +0100, Ian Campbell wrote:
> Draft E follows. Also at:
> http://xenbits.xen.org/people/ianc/vits/draftE.{pdf,html}
>
> The major change here arises from the realisation that it is not
> possible to associate a vPLI with a single pLPI, which has ramifications
> for the management of enabling/disabling pLPIs and the handling of
> spurious pLPIs which we are now expecting to see as a consequence. On
> the plus side this ended up taking care of UI1 and there are now no
> major stumbling blocks that I can see.

One thing which I realised is not covered is where the `struct
pending_irq` for vLPIs comes from. I propose to make that a dynamically
allocated array (allocated on domain construction) in `struct domain`
alongside the similar array for SPIs

This avoids the need to manage allocations and tree insertions etc
during command processing.

I won't send a draft F for just that though.

Ian.