Re: [Xen-devel] [RFC 04/22] xen/arm: gic-v3: Use the domain redistributor information to make the DT node

Hi Ian,

On 05/06/15 13:15, Ian Campbell wrote:
> On Fri, 2015-05-08 at 14:29 +0100, Julien Grall wrote:
>> It's not neccessary to get again from the hardware DT the redistributor
>
> "necessary"
>
> I'd say "It is not necessary to get the redistributor information from
> the hardware again".
>
>> informations. We already have it stored in the gic_info and the domain.
>>
>> Use the latter to be consistent with the rest of the function.
>
> Not just that, but consistent with what we are going to actually
> emulate, I think, since that may legitimately differ from the h/w.

This function is only used for DOM0 where we can hardly differ from the
host GIC.

Actually, at some point, we may need to copy the reg from the host DT as
we do from GICv2 (see 5009babad9bfac9c88706e366bed3f2fdf4ed3ca "xen/arm:
Handle translated addresses for hardware domains in GICv2").

It may be worth to rename the callback to make clear that this is for
the hardware domain (i.e DOM0) only.

Regards,

--
Julien Grall