Re: [Xen-devel] RFC: QEMU bumping memory limit and domain restore

On 04/06/15 10:26, Ian Campbell wrote:
> On Thu, 2015-06-04 at 10:14 +0100, Wei Liu wrote:
>> The main objection is that we shouldn't call xc_domain_setmaxmem in the
>> middle of a migration stream.
> In the middle of an _xc_ migration stream.
>
> This seems like the sort of thing it would be OK to have in a (to be
> introduced) libxl stream (which would itself contain the xc stream as a
> data item).
>
> I think we are expecting such a thing to be introduced as part of the
> libxl side of migration v2, aren't we?

No.  libxl migration v2 will not be affecting the behaviour here.

The only reasonable way I see this being fixed is for the libxl json
blob to contain the correct size of the VM, and for
libxl_domain_create() to make an appropriately sized VM in the first place.

One extension which libxl migration v2 will bring is the ability to send
a new json blob later in the stream, but such a fix still requires the
json blob to have the correct size in it.

~Andrew