Re: [Xen-devel] [xen-unstable test] 56759: regressions - FAIL

On 28/05/15 11:10, Jan Beulich wrote:
>>> Considering that this issue has prevented a push for almost
>>> two weeks, I think we ought to consider reverting the two
>>> offending commits until the problem got sorted out.
>> I think that would probably be wise. I'll try and figure out exactly
>> what is going on and propose some patches ASAP.
> Now done and pushed.

Wait what?  This failure is not related to spinlocks; It is a networking
behavioural bug (hardware specific, even) which has been uncovered,
showing that there is a preexisting race condition.

It is not reasonable to revert a correct change because it has exposed
an existing race condition elsewhere.  IMO, this should have been a
force push to mark the test as non-blocking.

~Andrew