[Xen-devel] Question on QEMU restore process

  • To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: "Lengyel, Tamas" <tlengyel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 May 2015 17:38:43 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 26 May 2015 15:39:13 +0000

Hi all,
I'm wondering if someone can point me in the right direction. I'm trying to understand the process around domain save/restore using XL. I can see the xl save format and how its appended with the QEMU state aquired via the xen-save-devices-state qmp command (this is for upstream QEMU).

However, I have a hard time locating the exact point where that save state is being loaded into the new QEMU process. I see in libxc that it should be dumped into "/var/lib/xen/qemu-resume" appended by the domain id of the newly created domain. It seems this was passed to QEMU via the -loadvm flag at one point, but on Xen 4.4 I don't see that flag on my QEMU processes when I restore a domain.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

--

www.novetta.com

Tamas K Lengyel