[Xen-devel] What is C in practice? (Cerberus survey v2.1)

If any Xen developers have time, we're gathering some information on
C semantics that would be very helpful to have your input on.

This survey explores what C is, in current mainstream practice: the
behaviour that programmers assume they can rely on, the behaviour
provided by mainstream compilers such as GCC, Clang, ICC, and MSVC,
and the idioms used in existing code, especially systems code.  These
often differ in important ways, from each other and from the ISO
standard.  We're *not* asking what the C standard permits (it's often
more restrictive and sometimes just unclear), or about obsolete
implementations. If you can point to examples (e.g. of real code that
depends on the feature in question) that would be great.  We're
particularly interested in any nice Xen issues that have been caused
due to interpretations of the C spec.

The survey: https://goo.gl/qYR9OW

Thanks - the Cerberus team (www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~pes20/cerberus).