Re: [Xen-devel] xen-netfront crash when detaching network while some network activity

On Fri, May 22, 2015 at 05:25:44PM +0100, David Vrabel wrote:
> On 22/05/15 12:49, Marek Marczykowski-GÃrecki wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm experiencing xen-netfront crash when doing xl network-detach while
> > some network activity is going on at the same time. It happens only when
> > domU has more than one vcpu. Not sure if this matters, but the backend
> > is in another domU (not dom0). I'm using Xen 4.2.2. It happens on kernel
> > 3.9.4 and 4.1-rc1 as well.
> >
> > Steps to reproduce:
> > 1. Start the domU with some network interface
> > 2. Call there 'ping -f some-IP'
> > 3. Call 'xl network-detach NAME 0'
>
> I tried this about 10 times without a crash.  How reproducible is it?
>
> I used a 4.1-rc4 frontend and a 4.0 backend.

It happens every time for me... Do you have at least two vcpus in that
domU? With one vcpu it doesn't crash. The IP for ping I've used one in
backend domU, but it shouldn't matter.

Backend is 3.19.6 here. I don't see any changes there between rc1 and
rc4, so stayed with rc1. With 4.1-rc1 backend it also crashes for me.

--
Best Regards,
Marek Marczykowski-GÃrecki