Re: [Xen-devel] Xen/arm: Virtual ITS command queue handling

Hi Ian,

On 19/05/15 13:14, Ian Campbell wrote:
> On Fri, 2015-05-15 at 14:24 +0100, Julien Grall wrote:
>> Hi Ian,

>>> Would we expose a vITS to guests on a host which has no pITS at all?
>>
>> No, Xen will check if we can support vITS. See an example with my "GICv2
>> on GICv3" series. Obviously, we don't allow vGICv3 on GICv2.
>
> Did you mean to refer to "arm: Allow the user to specify the GIC
> version" or some other part of that series?

Yes I mean this patch.

> I suppose you are proposing a new flag vits=yes|no passed as part of the
> domain config which Xen can then update to indicate yes or no? Or is
> there more to it than that? Could Xen not equally well expose nr_vits
> back to the tools?

A new flag or extending gic_version parameters (gic_version = "v3-its").

With the multiple vITS we would have to retrieve the number of vITS.
Maybe by extending the xen_arch_domainconfig?

Regards,

--
Julien Grall