Re: [Xen-devel] [OSSTEST v6 12/24] distros: Support pvgrub for Wheezy too.

On Tue, 2015-05-12 at 16:35 +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> Ian Campbell writes ("[OSSTEST v6 12/24] distros: Support pvgrub for Wheezy
> too."):
> > This requires us to install pv-grub-menu from backports, which we do
> > using a late_command.
> > +#    $preseed .= <<END if $extra_packages =~ m#\b/$suite-backports\b#;
>
> This is quite odd.  It expects the _suite_ name in $extra_packages.
> But AFAICT nothing ever passes that anyway.

It was checking for uses of "$package/$suite-backports" which is a
syntax supported by apt (and hence d-i) for installing things from the
non-default suite.

I think that functionality isn't actually used any more, because it
didn't actually work in the d-i context (I've forgotten why) and so we
do it via a late_command now instead (later in this patch).

So I think I should ditch that whole bit.

Ian.