Re: [Xen-devel] Question about "16-byte MMIO emulation fix"

De-htmling...

-----
From: Fabio Fantoni [mailto:fabio.fantoni@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 12 May 2015 15:35
To: xen-devel
Cc: Yu, Zhang; Paul Durrant
Subject: Question about "16-byte MMIO emulation fix"

Hi I saw:

This is Zhang Yu from Intel graphic virtualization team. Previously in Xen
hackathon, Paul and I mentioned that there're several patch series for XenGT
that need to be tracked on Xen 4.6.
  Here, I'd like to confirm with you about these patchsets:
  1> 16-byte MMIO emulation fix â owned by Paul;
in xen 4.6 post, this thing should solves also qxl problem on linux domU
(excluding on SLES):
qemu crash with:

#0Â __memset_sse2 () at ../sysdeps/x86_64/multiarch/../memset.S:908
Latest istruction:
=> 0x7ffff3713f7b <__memset_sse2+2363>:ÂÂÂ movntdq %xmm0,(%rdi)

Is there any experimental patch available for testing or nothing for now?

Thanks for any reply and sorry for my bad english.
-----

The code is very tricky to fix. It has layers of band-aids dating back many
years. I'm getting into it but it's likely to be a couple of weeks or so before
I have something stable enough to post to the list.

  Paul