Re: [Xen-devel] [linux-linus test] 55255: regressions - FAIL

On 12/05/15 11:07, Ian Campbell wrote:
> On Mon, 2015-05-11 at 18:09 +0000, osstest service user wrote:
>> flight 55255 linux-linus real [real]
>> http://logs.test-lab.xenproject.org/osstest/logs/55255/
>>
>> Regressions :-(
>>
>> Tests which did not succeed and are blocking,
>> including tests which could not be run:
>>  test-armhf-armhf-xl-arndale   6 xen-boot                  fail REGR. vs.
>> 50329
>
> This is a real failure (and I suspect the others are just things which
> happened to run on arndale).
>
> Tail of
> http://logs.test-lab.xenproject.org/osstest/logs/55255/test-armhf-armhf-xl-arndale/serial-arndale-metrocentre.log
>  is below.
>
> The "outdated DT detected, suspend/resume will NOT work" is due to the
> lack of an interrupt-controller property on the pmu device, which I fear
> we may be suppressing somewhere while making the dom0 dtb.

It seems that Osstest is using the device tree provided by the debian
installer.

I did try with the device tree provided by Linux and it boots without no
issue.

We may want to use the device tree attached to every Linux version in
order to avoid a such problem. Although, I don't much know

> The following null pointer exception I think is probably a bug arising
> from trying to continue on regardless.

I gave a quick look to see what happens. pmu_base_addr is NULL because
it's initialized only when the PMU is an interrupt controller (see
exynos_pmu_irq_init). So the first pmu_*read* will segfault.

I suspect it's an unwanted behavior because the warning only says
suspend/resume won't work. Not the kernel will crash.

Although, we know that DT is often tight to the kernel version. So I'm
not sure if we should care of it.

Regards,

--
Julien Grall