[Xen-devel] about xenmon

  • To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "蒋雄伟(蒋冲)" <xiongwei.jiang@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2015 14:07:08 +0800
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 20 Apr 2015 08:12:45 +0000

Hi, everyone,

 I would like to use xenmon to gain insight into xen environment. What I know about xenmon is that xentrace is used to catch events and xenbaked is used to processes events and xenmon is used to display and/or log the data. But I don’t know how to put them work together.

I once used xentrace together with xentrace_format. And I wrote my own scripts to process the data file created by xentrace_format.

Now I hear that Xenmon is more convenient. But I how can I use it ? I run xenmon.py in command line, it tells : IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/var/run/xenq-shm'. What should I do ?

Thanks  a lot.