Re: [Xen-devel] [v2 11/11] p2m/ept: enable PML in p2m-ept for log-dirty

On 04/17/2015 02:28 PM, Jan Beulich wrote:
On 17.04.15 at 04:40, <kai.huang@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 04/16/2015 11:54 PM, Jan Beulich wrote:
On 15.04.15 at 09:03, <kai.huang@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
This patch firstly enables EPT A/D bits if PML is used, as PML depends on
EPT
A/D bits to work. A bit is set for all present leaf p2m types, D bit is set
for
all writable types, except log-dirty type.
I think the tying of "leaf" to the A bit part of the description became
stale, as you're now also doing this for non-leaf ones.
You are right. How about just "A bit is set for all present p2m types, ..."?
Almost - adding "leaf" to the D bit part would still be desirable for
clarity.
That will be more accurate. Thanks for suggestion. Is below good to you?

"A bit is set for all present p2m types in middle and leaf EPT entries, and D bit is set for all writable types in the leaf EPT entry, except log-dirty type."

And I will update comments at the beginning of ept_p2m_type_to_flags accordingly.

Thanks,
-Kai

Jan