[Xen-devel] Archiving Xen on ARM and PVOPS subprojects

Hi all,

I wanted to make the proposal to archive the following two subproject on the grounds that they completed their goals

In the case of a) the goal was to establish Xen support in Linux, which has been achieved
In the case of b) the goal was to establish ARM support in the Hypervisor which has been achieved

According to http://xenproject.org/governance.html we would need to perform an archivation review. In this case, the situation is quite clear IMHO and I believe that we do not need to make an extensive case, besides the one above. So my proposal would be to just have a committer vote on these. I would be happy if committers and maintainers listed in a), b) and http://xenproject.org/developers/teams/hypervisor.html were to just reply with the usual +1, 0, -1 to this thread.

In practical terms, the following would happen. I would remove a) from the website and merge bits of b) into http://xenproject.org/developers/teams/hypervisor.html

There is no mailing list or repo impact for both projects, as both do not have separate lists.

We would probably archive some pages in http://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Category:PVOPS - I would need David and Konrad's help for that. Probably 15 minutes should be fine. Maybe in fact it may make sense to rename the Category to Linux.

As far as I can see, none of the pages in http://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Category:XenARM need to be archived. http://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Archived/Xen_ARM_(PV) is already archived.

We would probably also put together a blog post, once all of this has been done and maybe put together a press release (up to Sarah and the Advisory Board).

Any views?

Best Regards
Lars