Re: [Xen-devel] PMU in xen enviroment

On 04/15/2015 10:09 AM, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:
On Mon, Apr 13, 2015 at 12:21:42PM +0800, èéä(èå) wrote:
Hiïeveryone

We would like to obtain the distribution of CPU-specific hardware events
such as clock cycles and cache and TLB misses and branch-miss and etc. in
Xen environment . It is said that Xenoprof can be used to do so. We use
Intel's Ivy Bridge Processor which is released in 2012, so I think it is
better to use oprofile 0.9.8 or above. But http://xenoprof.sourceforge.net/
only released oprofile-0.9.5-xen.patch which is released in 2009. Does it
mean no patch is needed since OProfile 0.9.6 ? is there a detailed document
describing how to use oprofile in xen environment ? is there any other tools
to do so ?
Boris (CCed) is working on making perf work under Linux + Xen.

Boris, would it make sense to have an Linux git tree with the set of patches
that use the Xen new hypercalls ?

Yes, I probably should do this.

-boris