Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.6 Development Update (two months reminder)

On Thu, Mar 12, Daniel Kiper wrote:

> IIRC, 4.3 release (and probably earlier ones) was a mess. Olaf did the
> work for 4.5.  However, as he pointed out in another email last one is
> incorrect. Olaf, are you going to fix it for 4.6? I suppose it is
> quite simple.

There are still many hardcoded /var related strings in the code. Last
time I looked at this it was too cumbersome to change all of them to
depend on --localstatedir (or whatever). I remember the remainders are
consistent in itself so I left them alone. The only thing I would touch
for 4.6 is to make the odd /var/xen/dump tuneable via configure. We patch
the path since many years. So yes, I will put this on my TODO list.

Olaf