Re: [Xen-devel] [RFC] When to use "domain creation flag" or "HVM param"?

On 02/24/15 05:50, Andrew Cooper wrote:

> The vmware backdoor is however slightly more complicated, in that it
> also involves qemu.  What would be the effects be for a domain where Xen
> believes the backdoor is active, but qemu is not running appropriately?

Right now for a QEMU that does not support vmport=on as a machine
property, QEMU will terminate and the domain will not be created.

If QEMU is started without this and Xen then activates the backdoor,
QEMU will act like any other unsupported ioport access.  This does mean
that you will lose the use of a mouse under current Xorg GUI.

I have not tried to hot-plug the vmport and vmmouse devices in QEMU.
That may take some changes to work.

    -Don Slutz