Re: [Xen-devel] Xen's Linux kernel config options v3

On 02/09/2015 08:52 PM, Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:
On Mon, Feb 09, 2015 at 07:17:23AM +0100, Juergen Gross wrote:
On 02/07/2015 12:44 AM, Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:
After some feedback for the first draft I'd suggest the following:

Option                          Selects                 Depends
XEN
    XEN_PV(x86)                   XEN_HAVE_PVMMU(x86)
                                  PARAVIRT
                                  PARAVIRT_CLOCK
    XEN_PVH(x86)                  XEN_PVHVM
                                  PARAVIRT
                                  PARAVIRT_CLOCK
    XEN_PVHVM(x86)                PARAVIRT
                                  PARAVIRT_CLOCK
    XEN_BACKEND                   SWIOTLB_XEN(arm,arm64)  XEN_PV(x86) ||
                                                          XEN_PVH(x86) ||
                                                          XEN_PVHVM(x86)
                                XEN_TMEM(x86)
                                XEN_PRIVCMD

Wrong indentation of above 2 entries

I had moved this to select based on Konrad's suggestion that the backend
selects this but then Jan noted this is not necessarily true given that there
is no connection between these and backend functionality and forgot to move it
out under. As such I'll remove both completely from selects -- but its not clear
to me that XEN_BACKEND should depend on both as it seems (maybe I misunderstood)
you are implying, should it?

Do we just want to keep both as is today?

Option                          Selects                 Depends
XEN
     XEN_TMEM(x86)                                      !ARM && !ARM64 (default
m if CLEANCACHE || FRONTSWAP)
     XEN_PRIVCMD

This is what I meant. Just let them depend on XEN like before.

Juergen

config XEN_TMEM
         tristate
         depends on !ARM && !ARM64
         default m if (CLEANCACHE || FRONTSWAP)
         help
           Shim to interface in-kernel Transcendent Memory hooks
           (e.g. cleancache and frontswap) to Xen tmem hypercalls.

config XEN_PRIVCMD
         tristate
         depends on XEN
         default m

We at least remove that explicit 'depneds on XEN' as it is already part of the
Kconfig file top level mainmenu, but that's a trivial obvious change.

   Luis