Re: [Xen-devel] pvSCSI test

On Friday, February 6, 2015 15:25, Juergen Gross <jgross@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> To: Kristian Hagsted Rasmussen; Olaf Hering; xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] pvSCSI test
>

>> After some more fiddling around, I believe the configuration should be okay.
>> My /etc/target/xen-pvscsi_start.sh look like this:
>>
>> modprobe xen-scsiback
>> mkdir /sys/kernel/config/target/xen-pvscsi
>> mkdir -p /sys/kernel/config/target/xen-pvscsi/naa.600140512a981c66/tpgt_0
>> echo naa.6001405708ab297e >
>> /sys/kernel/config/target/xen-pvscsi/naa.600140512a981c66/tpgt_0/nexus
>> #### xen-pvscsi Target Ports
>> mkdir -p
>> /sys/kernel/config/target/xen-pvscsi/naa.600140512a981c66/tpgt_0/lun/lun_0
>> ln -s
>> /sys/kernel/config/target/xen-pvscsi/naa.600140512a981c66/tpgt_0/lun/lun_0/../../../../../../target/core/iblock_0/3_0_0_0
>>
>> /sys/kernel/config/target/xen-pvscsi/naa.600140512a981c66/tpgt_0/lun/lun_0/xen-pvscsi_port
>
> iblock_0?

Sorry the result is the same if I use pscsi, I just tried iblock as it was a
harddisk I tried to pass through and lio documentation advice against using
pscsi for hard drives.

I just now tried to pass through a bluray drive on another machine, however I
get the exact same error. What I noticed, however, was that the error only
appears if the DomU kernel supports xen-scsifront. I hazzard a guess that this
is because the backend only tries to connect to the device if the frontend
makes a call for it.

In xenstore I have the following entry for vscsi under /local/domain/0/backend:
vscsi = ""
     3 = ""
      0 = ""
       frontend = "/local/domain/3/device/vscsi/0"
       frontend-id = "3"
       online = "1"
       state = "4"
       feature-host = "0"
       vscsi-devs = ""
        dev-0 = ""
         p-dev = "3:0:0:0"
         v-dev = "0:0:0:0"
         state = "6"
       feature-sg-grant = "128"

As I am no expert I am not sure about this, but shouldn't there be a path to
the device, more then just the p-dev statement?

Do I have to manually add the device to xenstore?

If you do not feel for answering more of my questions please feel free to say
so, I am just interested in this work and really look forward to its inclusion
in xen.

/Kristian