Re: [Xen-devel] dom0 pvops and rearranging memory layout

On 01/23/2015 01:03 PM, Jan Beulich wrote:
On 23.01.15 at 12:35, <andrew.cooper3@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I wonder whether it might be reasonable to extend contruct_dom0/libelf
to avoid constructing a p2m where pfns of built data (kernel, initrd,
p2m and initial pagetables) aliased with host io regions.

For one, the problem goes away to 99.999% if using the advanced
capabilities of relocating the P2M and not mapping the initrd at all.

No, it does not. I'm doing both and the systems dies at once.

Even relocating the P2M to another virtual address and not mapping
the initrd won't help if the related PFNs are relocated and, even worse,
are made available for new memory allocations.

And then, such a change could easily end up being incompatible with
older kernels, which may (and do) build on the initial memory map
being a single chunk.

Yes, I fear so, too.

Juergen