Re: [Xen-devel] Using Libvirtd with virt-manager on aarch64

From: Clark Laughlin <clark.laughlin@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2015 10:42 PM
To: Jaggi, Manish
Cc: Stefano Stabellini; jfehlig@xxxxxxxx; Kiarie Kahurani; Kumar, Vijaya; Anthony.Perard@xxxxxxxxxx; Ian Campbell; xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Using Libvirtd with virt-manager on aarch64

On Wed, Jan 21, 2015 at 10:23 AM, Jaggi, Manish <Manish.Jaggi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

From: Clark Laughlin <clark.laughlin@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, January 20, 2015 6:57 PM
To: Jaggi, Manish
Cc: Stefano Stabellini; jfehlig@xxxxxxxx; Kiarie Kahurani; Kumar, Vijaya; Anthony.Perard@xxxxxxxxxx; Ian Campbell; xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I will check and see if I still have it, but I have moved on to other work and have already destroyed that build/test environment.

[Manish] Please it would really help

I would love to give you a link to Linaro-generated build output, but we are still in the process of getting that setup and running as well.

I checked, and I no longer have any builds available.

If you follow the steps in the document (or the steps in the script), you end up having to build both xen and xen tools.  You can not use any of the distro-provided packages.

[Manish] I have built the tools and my ubuntu is used as dom0.

You will also need to build libvirt, as the libvirt in the distro packages does not have xen support enabled.
[Manish] The build fails with trivial errors like test c code does not have main. It appears that something is missing in my setup and I need to spend more time on it, which at the moment I don't have.

What version of Ubuntu are you using?
[Manish] Using the  link given on the linaro devstack page. Only difference is I used the rootfs.

I'm having a hard time following just exactly what you are trying to build/run this on.  It does sounds like you have some problems with your setup that do need to be resolved.

[Manish] Attached is the build-log. âI downloaded your scripts build-libvirt and build-libvirt-deb in a build directory and executed build-libvirt.

I was able to successfully build and test on a normal trusty install.  I haven't tried any deviations from that.

- Clark