Re: [Xen-devel] Migration of a 32-bit PV-Guest

On Wed, 2015-01-21 at 15:29 +0000, Andrew Cooper wrote:
> > I tested the same hypercall with a 32bit version of MiniOS and it
> > crashes as well with the same output. Then I tried it with a 64bit
> > version of MiniOS and seems to work just fine.
> >
> > Somehow I cannot find any 32bit paravirtual machine that could be
> > migrated. Does anybody know if such a system exists?
>
> Any 32bit Linux guest will successfully migrate.

It's seems pretty likely that the OP was talking about 32bit *minios*
domains, not Linux ones.

I'm not sure if mini-os supports migration at all. I do recall the
openmirage people fixing some stuff in mini-os in that regard, but I'd
expect that was for 64-bit since I expect that is what they use.

Vasco, you might look at what the mirage folks did (look in xen.git and
there trees) and see if it applies to 32-bit, otherwise I'm afraid you
may be stuck implementing (or at least fixing) migration in mini-os
yourself.

Ian.