Re: [Xen-devel] (v2) Design proposal for RMRR fix

On 09/01/15 00:53, Tian, Kevin wrote:
> [...]

XenServer has observed OEMs using RMRRs for stats reporting back to the BMC.

It is not safe to assume that a USB device with an RMRR would only ever
be using it for legacy keyboard emulation.  It is also not safe to
assume that legacy keyboard emulation might not resume at some point in
the future, although I would hope that it would not.

Therefore, I feel that USB controllers should not be permitted a special
case compared to other devices.

~Andrew