Re: [Xen-devel] (v2) Design proposal for RMRR fix

you don't need tell Xen about which RMRRs (even from other hosts) to be
reserved. What Xen needs to do is simple, i.e. setup identity mapping at
device assignment request, and detect any conflictions for requested gfn.
all the flexibility/preparation/reservation are userspace work between
libxl and hvmloader.

> Alternately, could the toolstack could be responsible for making sure
> that nobody uses such a range; and then Xen when a device is assigned,
> Xen can check to make sure that the gpfn space is empty before adding
> the RMRRs?  That might be the most flexible.

I think that's the current proposed way, right? Xen only does check, and
if no confliction then setup identity mapping. most changes/opens are
in user space what/how to reserve the range and avoid confliction.

Thanks
Kevin