Re: [Xen-devel] [Qemu-devel] bind interdomain ioctl error xen-kvm.c

On Tue, 30 Dec 2014, Rishi Ranjan wrote:
> I am trying to use Xen as accelerator for my Qemu machine. I have created a
> guest domain with following xl config:Â
> builder = "hvm"
> name = "qemu-hvm"
> memory = "512"
> vcpus = 1
> vif = ['']
> vnc = 1
> boot="c"
>

> When I try to run with following parameters:Â
>
> -machine q35,accel=xen -cpu qemu64 -bios ./pc-bios/bios-256k.bin -xen-domid
> "Domain id of guest"

You should know that q35 emulation is not fully working on Xen yet.
However Anthony (CC'ed) should have some patches for it.

That said, it does not look like this error has something to do with
q35.

> I am getting follwing error from xen-hvm.c:Â
>
> "bind interdomain ioctl error" in xen_hvm_init while calling
> state->shared_vmport_page =
> Â Â Â Â Â Â xc_map_foreign_range(xen_xc, xen_domid, XC_PAGE_SIZE,
> Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â ÂPROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, ioreq_pfn);Â
>
> Can someone help me get this working?Â

Can you post the full output of the logs?
What is the Xen version that you are running?
Did you execute the xencommons init script at boot time?