Re: [Xen-devel] Parallel make supported?

On Thu, 2014-12-18 at 22:36 +0000, Peter Kay wrote:
> Is parallel make supported for xen? If I compile 4.5 rc4 (although the
> error exists with many other prior releases too) with make -j4 world
> it fails part way through with an error 2. This does not occur with a
> straight 'make world'

It is expected to work in general, I build with -j12 all the time. There
are some subdirs which enforce serialised build for various reasons,
perhaps there is one more we've not spotted or perhaps there is just a
bug in the Makefiles somewhere.

Please post your build logs showing the error.

Ian.