Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.5 Development Update (RC4)

On 16/12/14 16:13, konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Xen 4.5-rc4 was out on Monday (Dec 15th). This is the last RC and then
> we have the General Release on Jan 7th!
>
> Details for the test-day are at
>
> http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_4.5_RC4_test_instructions
>
> In terms of bugs, we have:

From the XenServer testing.

* Fail to reliably boot on IBM Flex x222 blades, apparent regression
from 4.4

I have declared this a latent BIOS bug, and not a regression from 4.4.
Across regular reboots, the exact positions of the ACPI tables, and the
e820 layout is unstable.  The first consistent difference between 4.4
and 4.5 is that 4.4 reports 1 MBR signature while 4.5 reports 0.  This
is because the int $0x13, ah=2 call is returning differently.  I can get
the call to return differently (and correctly for 4.5) by simply making
the boot trampoline larger (with my debugging routines but not being
called).

* VM fail to resume on upgrade from Xen < 4.5

This is the issue I am currently looking into.  Currently, all the
"upgrade from older XenServer" tests are failing due to VMs crashing on
resume.  I have not yet identified whether this is a XenServer issue or
a Xen issue.  Lifecycle operations on 4.5 itself are all fine including
both suspend/resume and migrate.

~Andrew