Re: [Xen-devel] Install Xen on ARM in a bare metal fashion on a Nexus Phone/Tablet or an ARM emulator

On Sat, 2014-12-06 at 14:28 +0530, Sagun Garg wrote:

> Links
> http://labs.online.net/press and http://labs.online.net/ Will it be ok
> to install Xen on this? They are still in their trial mode.

I'm not aware of anyone having run Xen on a marvel chipset, but in
principal a port should be doable for someone who is interested. I
obviously can't comment on the features of this particular service wrt
installing and running your own OSes.

> Also I had a unrelated question, does Xen on Arm have  support for ELF
> kernels (bzImage only). If yes can you please point out where
> discussions relating to his are happening and if not any idea on
> whether there is going to be support in near future?

bzImage is an x86 specific concept (and one which is somewhat orthogonal
to ELF at that).

On ARM we currently support kernels in the ARM Linux zImage format.

There have been some people looking at direct ELF loading, but I think
anyone who started down that path eventually decided that sticking a
zImage header on the front of a raw binary kernel was easier. AFAIK
noone is still looking into ELF.

Ian.