Re: [Xen-devel] xl pci-attach silently fails the first time

> On Mon, Dec 01, Sander Eikelenboom wrote:

>> Hmm the wiki also still mentions it:
>> http://wiki.xen.org/wiki/Xen_PCI_Passthrough
>>
>> It was the ability with xend + qemu-trad to be able to specify the slot to
>> use in the guest for the pci device.
>>
>> See docs/misc/vtd.txt .. that seems it has never been updated :-)
>>
>> (together with passing through a multifunction devices as multifunction
>> inside
>> the guest this hasn't got implemented in neither libxl and qemu-xen.)

> So this looks like we a lost feature in libxl.

Yes, they are on the bug list though for quite some time :-).
see http://bugs.xenproject.org/xen/bug/22
Although the multifuction part missing is only slightly noted there.

(a fix would need a part libxl and for HVM's at least part qemu-xen
(since qemu-xen doesn't have the option implemented that qemu-trad
has for the slot and multifunction assignment))

> actually be a workaround for the double pci-attach bug.
Don't know about that bug.

--
Sander