Re: [Xen-devel] null domains | xen4.4

xl list two domains for example:
(null) 67 0 8 --pssd 135229.6 (null) 69 0 4 --ps-d 4172.2

vif67.0 still exist in my dom0 and i can't "ip link delete" it.
Attached block device marked as busy also.

We try to use the last 3.10 kernel, now new nodes use 3.10.61 kernel, but this node on which I can experiment was booted with 3.10.55 kernel.
I attach xl-dmesg after 'q' trigger.

We will discuss tmem with colleagues.

On 2014-12-01 12:59, Ian Campbell wrote:
On Mon, 2014-12-01 at 12:48 +0300, Alexey wrote:
Hi, all!

We are once again faced with the null-domains problem.
At this moment we have xen node with 49 null-domains and if I create new
domain and shutdown it I w'll get a new one null-domain.

All blkback and netback kernel process are exists. There is no qemu
process running.
I can't delete any vif or stop disk, which was used by dead domain.

What do you mean here, does a vif or disk still exist for the dead
domain then?

How we can prevent appearance of null-domains?
How we can unlock resources of existing null-domains?

A null domain remains when a page owned by that domain is still
referenced from somewhere. The output of the 'q' debug key sometimes
exposes the source of such references. ("xl debug-key q" will send that,
the result appears in "xl dmesg", alternatively Ctrl-A three times on
the serial console then 'q').

# xl info
host                   : xen23
release                : 3.10-3-amd64

Any chance you could try a newer dom0 kernel?

xen_commandline        : tmem=1 loglvl=all noreboot dom0_mem=5120M
dom0_vcpus_pin console=vga vga=current

Are you able to reproduce when tmem is not enabled?

Ian.