Re: [Xen-devel] PCI and VGA Passthrough regressions on Xen 4.4.1 vs 4.3.2

I'm happy that you managed to reproduce the sound issue. It means that it will
be possible to track it down and fix it.
So, if I understanded properly: It does NOT happen on your custom Xen 4.4
build, but the one that Fedora got is affected by it. Could it be that your
unstable build got any recent patch that fixes it that Fedora doesn't have
should it be using the stable source? Should be the same with Arch Linux.
Have your tried with the workaround of not using xen-pciback for the Sound Card
and instead using xl pci-assignable-add? It should work, too.

For my Radeon 5770, I use Catalyst 12.1 Drivers. The reason is that they're the
latest which includes OpenCL support out of the box in Windows XP. It got
removed from later versions, and not so much later, AMD branched out old GPU
into another set of Drivers. If I recall correctly, the 12.1 are still unified,
so they should work for your 4xxx.
Cause AMD website has become a pain in the ass to browse if you're looking for
older Driver versions archives, you can use the TechPowerUp mirror:
www.techpowerup.com/downloads/2096/amd-catalyst-12-1-software-suite-winxp-32-bit/mirrors
Download with confidence, they're the same ones that I'm using and TechPowerUp
is a reputable Hardware reviewer website. Otherwise, you can download the
latest legacy 14.4 from AMD website:
support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/legacy?product=legacy2&os=Windows%20XP%20-%20Professional/Home&RenderOnServer=true

I will stay tuned on this.