Re: [Xen-devel] xl mem-max error

On 11/07/2014 06:05 AM, Wei Liu wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 06, 2014 at 05:17:42PM -0500, Zhigang Wang wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I get this error:
>>
>>     # xl mem-max 3 700
>>     libxl: error: libxl.c:4549:libxl_domain_setmaxmem: memory_static_max
>> must be greater than or or equal to memory_dynamic_max
>>     : Success
>>     cannot set domid 3 static max memory to : 700
>>

> What's your expected behaviour? What's your end goal?

I expect: after start a VM with memory = 700, then I can do:

   # xl mem-max <domain> 700

In our code, we always check (libxl.c):

    if (max_memkb < memorykb) {
        LIBXL__LOG_ERRNO(ctx, LIBXL__LOG_ERROR, "memory_static_max must be
greater than or or equal to memory_dynamic_max\n");
        goto out;
    }

As target memory is always bigger than static-max in xenstore (from my test,
for both pv and hvm):

    /local/domain/3/memory/static-max = "716800"
    /local/domain/3/memory/target = "716801

So it will not success.

Also I think target memory bigger than static-max seems not right.

Thanks,

Zhigang