Re: [Xen-devel] (XEN) traps.c:3071: GPF (0000): ffff82d0801d76b2 -> ffff82d080222806

On 03/11/14 09:45, Stefan Bader wrote:
> I see the message from the subject on my Intel box whenever a guest (iirc even
> dom0) starts up. It is not fatal and everything seems ok. I am just curious
> about what might trigger this. The addresses look to be inside the hypervisor
> code. I was wondering whether there is a simple way to figure out what this
> relates to (likely need to look at the objdump of the unstripped hv module).
>
> Or has someone already looked into this and knows what likely is the cause?
>
> -Stefan

Specifically, the message indicates <type of fault>: faulting address ->
fixup address

It is probably a wrmsr, and a higher logging level will indicate this.
My gut feeling is that it is dom0 attempting to load microcode using the
native method.

~Andrew