Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 4.5-rc1 update (RC1 is out 2014-Oct-24th)

On 1 November 2014 23:13, Julien Grall <julien.grall@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Konrad,
>

> On 31/10/2014 21:01, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk wrote:

>>> FYI, I'm currently reworking the SMMU drivers to resync with Linux. With
>>> thoses changes, you should not need to modify the SMMU code.
>>

>> Thank you for the update. Put your name behind that for 4.6.

>>> There is 2 distinct passthrough: platform (i.e non-PCI) and PCI one.
>>>
>>> While Manish is working on PCI passthrough, I'm still working the
>>> non-PCI one. Please don't drop my name.
>>

>> I thought that Arianna's patches had taken care of that (the MMIO
>> part?). Or does each platform need a different implementation of
>> that?
>

> To passthrough a platform device you need to be able to assign the device to
> the guest via the IOMMU and map MMIOs (done by Arianna's series) and
> interrupts.

For a PCI passthrough SMMU ops are to be added. The way the smmu for a
pci device is found needs to be updated in the smmu.c, so there are
some substantial changes to smmu.c for pci passthrough.
Also MMIO mapping code the same pci device to be added.
So in short there changes, and as they are in the same files and
features are also similar,  is it possible that we work together may
be julien can provide a design document (simple txt file would do). I
have already shared mine in another mail thread with stefano.