[Xen-devel] Xen community preview of Intel RDT (Resource Director Technology)

Hi all,

I’d like to present some information on near term processor features that we would like to support in Xen.  I will present the material on Thursday, November 13th at 8AM Pacific Time. You are welcome to attend if you are interested. Please RSVP and I will send you the pdf with the slides I will talk to; I don’t want to spam the mail list with the attachment. The phone number and pass code are:

Thursday, November 13, 2014, 08:00 AM US Pacific Time
916-356-2663, Bridge: 3, Passcode: 2616237

As background:

Resource Director Technology is a new area of architecture extension that seeks to provide better information and control of applications running on Intel processors. The first few features we will cover, documented in the Software Developers’ Manual, are to monitor application thread LLC usage, to provide a means of directing such usage and provide more information on the amount of memory traffic out of the LLC.

Thanks,

Will

Will Auld

PE, Cloud Architect

Software & Services Group / Open Source Technology Center

Intel Corp.

will.auld@xxxxxxxxx