Re: [Xen-devel] Criteria for dom0_gnttab_start

On Tue, Oct 21, 2014 at 5:44 PM, Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, 2014-10-21 at 13:12 +0100, Julien Grall wrote:
>> >
>> > It simply needs to be an area of the IPA address space which is not
>> > populated by anything else. Since dom0's MMIO space is mapped 1:1 with
>> > the host PA address space it seems easiest/safest to find a hole in the
>> > real physical space and use that.
>> >
>> > If there is no such hole available then using the space occupied by some
>> > device which is not passed to dom0 (e.g. is blacklisted, or used by Xen)
>> > will suffice.

Thanks for the inputs.

Assume arm64 platform has 4GB physical RAM starting from 0x0
and all MMIO regions are beyond 4GB. For Xen the physical RAM start
address is specified at 12MB - 4GB
by UEFI.The first 12MB PA is used by Secure world.
In such case, can we specify dom0_gnttab_start anywhere within 0 to
12MB IPA address?
OR can I reserve some physical address space within 4GB and use it?