Re: [Xen-devel] PCI hole resize support for 4.5? If not, workaround?

On 10/18/14 02:17, Steve Freitas wrote:
Hi all,

I'm suffering from bug 28 [1], unable to assign more than 3.5 gigs of RAM to my Windows VM while using VGA passthrough. This is a showstopper for me.

Since #28 is still listed as up for grabs for 4.5 [2], I assume a fix is not likely to make it in. However, a message from Ian [3] indicated that a workaround was available at some point. Will a workaround be offered for 4.4 or 4.5?

Adding the patch:

http://lists.xenproject.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2014-10/msg01447.html

to 4.5-unstable

and adding

mmio_hole_size = 536870912

to your .xfg should allow you to use more memory (the number above
is .5 gig, which should work based on 3.5 gigs working).

   -Don Slutz

I'm using Xen 4.4.1 on Debian Jessie (official distro packages), kernel 3.16, Xeon 5660, Intel 5500 chipset (rev 22), Nvidia Quadro FX 4800 GPU.

Thanks,

Steve

[1] http://bugs.xenproject.org/xen/bug/28
[2] http://marc.info/?l=xen-devel&m=141356622719233