Re: [Xen-devel] ARM, time: alternative of using udelay() before init time

Hi Oleksandr,

On 10/20/2014 11:12 AM, Oleksandr Tyshchenko wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 7:22 PM, Julien Grall <julien.grall@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> I'm wondering how Linux deal with the time when the timer is not
>> initialized?
>
> If I understood correctly the udelay() can works before timer initialized.

I gave a look to the Linux code and it looks like they have an
implementation based on jiffies to used when the timer is not
initialized. (see __loop_udelay in arch/arm/lib/delay.c).

I'm not sure if it's relevant to do exactly the same. But we could
implement a loop-based udelay when the timer is not correctly initialized.

Regards,

--
Julien Grall