Re: [Xen-devel] Driver domain on ARM questions

Hi Andrii,

On 10/16/2014 04:20 PM, Andrii Anisov wrote:
> Stefano,
>
>> Not particularly, but you need to be able to assign the device to the
>> driver domain
> As I understand the passthrough patch series from Julien
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/xen/devel/342003 was intended to
> implement similar functionality, but not fit into 4.5.
>
> Julien, could you please clarify your plans on the mentioned series?

I was planning to try to push at least the interrupt passthrough to Xen
4.5, but I decided to delay until Xen 4.6. It was safer, and I found
multiple race condition in the code the last few days.

BTW, the actual series should not be used in production but only for
internal testing ;).

Except this issue, the hypervisor side is quite ready. Now the main
concern is how do we get the device tree information for the device and
how do we pass it the guest device tree?

A device may have other dependencies (such as the clock, phy...). Xen
will have to passthrough/provide PV drivers for a such things.

Regards,

--
Julien Grall