Re: [Xen-devel] nested VMX issues/questions

>>> On 16.10.14 at 08:13, <yang.z.zhang@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Jan Beulich wrote on 2014-10-14:
>> first I noticed that nvmx_vcpu_initialise() doesn't set the two MSR
>> bitmap related flags, but nvmx_handle_vmwrite() apparently expects them to
> be set.
>> Is that correct (and if so, why)?
>
> What flags do you mean?

Contrast this

        /*
         * For the following 4 encodings, we need to handle them in VMM.
         * Let them vmexit as usual.
         */
        set_bit(IO_BITMAP_A, vw);
        set_bit(IO_BITMAP_A_HIGH, vw);
        set_bit(IO_BITMAP_B, vw);
        set_bit(IO_BITMAP_B_HIGH, vw);

(in nvmx_vcpu_initialise()) with this

    switch ( vmcs_encoding )
    {
    case IO_BITMAP_A: case IO_BITMAP_A_HIGH:
        okay = _map_io_bitmap(v, IO_BITMAP_A);
        break;
    case IO_BITMAP_B: case IO_BITMAP_B_HIGH:
        okay = _map_io_bitmap(v, IO_BITMAP_B);
        break;
    case MSR_BITMAP: case MSR_BITMAP_HIGH:
        okay = _map_msr_bitmap(v);