Re: [Xen-devel] Xen-unstable: pci-passthrough "irq 16: nobody cared" on HVM guest shutdown on irq of device not passed through.

On Tue, Oct 07, 2014 at 03:50:03PM +0100, Jan Beulich wrote:
> > Could you attach also the full dmesg under baremetal with 'debug' and all
> > kinds of debug enabled ? That should help a bit in figuring out why
> > they get MSIs under baremetal but legacy interrupts under Xen.
>
> The messages he sent don't really suggest that. The legacy pin
> based IRQ always gets set up when a device gets enabled, no
> matter whether in the end it would actually get used. And afaict
> other messages clearly hint at MSI being used for the PCIe stuff.

Correct. I fear that in the domain0 we have set an event for this
particular GSI (16) which is also in use in the guest (and then somehow
we did not tear this down when the PCIe setup the MSI).

Xen will send events to both domains - and since domain0 does not
have an IRQ handler for it - it will activate its anti-IRQ storm
routine and disabling the IRQ line.